23 July, 2009

The Band Wagon


I have to admit that long before we have decided on the date of our Wedding, we have started looking for wedding bands that we both like. Both CJ and I wanted something simple, yet meaningful.

My dear friend PZ, has been really helpful with the information about which shops to go for beautiful and reasonable rings (I think she did mention that she has bought theirs from The Love Diamond).

During my trips back to KL, I have done something that I never really enjoyed doing (at least, not at that moment) ... shopped for jewellery. Great, how exciting! So, I picked the renown Tiffany & Co. located in Pavilion as my first destination. I took a quick glance at everything until this little ring caught my eyes. It was a platinum ring sandwiched in between of two thin layers of gold - simple, yet elegant. If I remember clearly, that ring costs approximately RM3k or more to purchase (now I understand why every time someone mentions T&C, CJ smirks at me).

Not knowing what was the 'average price' for a ring, I went on shopping in several other jewellery shops and discussed with CJ via phone calls and Internet. I was kind of frustrated at the end. To be honest, shopping for jewellery is really not my thing. Until one day, I have decided to walk into Diamond & Platinum, which I refused to walk in at the beginning because of its 'expensive sounding' name. And, you would guessed it right! I found the rings!

D&P has offered a variety of affordable Wedding Bands under three collections: Promise, Pure Love, and Unity. I have picked ours from the Unity range, as it best symbolises the union of two different souls, as stated by D&P, 'Marriage is the union of two people declaring their love, commitment & passion. This declaration of love, is a promise of greater things to come in life'. And, most importantly, both CJ and I are happy with the bands.

A mission that spanned over 18 months and taken few trips back to KL has finally been accomplished.