18 June, 2010

Speech from the Bride


Good evening.

I am happy to be married. It's really great to find that special person whom I can annoy for the rest of my life, and make it official.

I remember that long before I met Ching Jin, I prayed to God that my prince charming has to be one who drives a green colour four wheel drive. Don’t ask me where I came up with this idea, why I didn’t choose a more expensive car and why GREEN colour. I still remember the day Ching Jin showed me the car he was driving… the feeling was unbelievable. Don’t get me wrong. I love him more than the green car, and I still do. Today, over 9 years dating him, I believe that it is God and faith that brought us together and keep our relationship strong.

To my husband, Ching Jin, who is such a distinct individual from me, who is a kid at heart, who, I kid you not ... loves to agitate me with nonsense and funny gestures. Being with him is like riding roller coasters. Though a careless lover, nonetheless, I know that he will be a good husband, and he’s someone that when I am with, I know that I am home. Thank you for loving me for who I am.

To Ching Jin’s mum, Meei Meei, thank you for welcoming me into your family, trusting me with Jin and most importantly, treating me like your own daughter even long before today. And the Church ceremony that you have organised, was truly beautiful and a wish come true for us.

To my greatest mentor, Madam Chin, and a group of amazing friends, thank you for being there for me during my highs and lows. I will continue to treasure our friendships.

To my mum and my late grandparents, I would like to thank them for their love and blessings. Especially to my grandparents who had given me so much care and affections during my childhood. My grandmother, who passed away early last year, she will be so proud to see me and Jin taking our 10 years relationship to the next level.

To my lovely brothers and sisters, Chang Thai, Chang Nien, Seow Foong, Seow Wee, Vivian, Victor and Harold, thank you for bringing so much fun, love and laughter into my life.

To my Godsend nanny, Grace: Maraming salamat sa iyong pag-aruga na parang aking ina at ka-i-bi-gan. Ikaw ay la-ging mamahalin at magiging bahagi nang aking pamilya. Maraming salamat sa iyo (Thank you for being my friend, my guardian and my mum. I will always love you as my own family). I will always love you.


Our Godsend nanny, Grace.

To my dad who doesn’t reveal much of his feelings in front of his children, who sets an excellent example to all of us that no matter how tough the situation is, you can always stand up tall and not be afraid. Thank you for raising me and making me a wiser and stronger person.

爸爸,谢谢您这28 年对我的养育之恩。我很抱歉不能够在您身边照顾您。谢谢您对我的包容,支持和信任。Pa pa, you are truly and always will be my hero and inspiration.

And to our cousins, zi mui’s, heng tai’s, guests and honourable guests, we cannot thank you enough for being part of our lives and making today possible and beautiful in so many ways.

Hope you enjoy tonight. Thank you and God bless.