02 October, 2009

Ditched by Carcosa

I received an Email from Carcosa Seri Negara on the 1st October stating the following:

"We are terribly sorry to inform you that we are not able to accept your booking for 2010 as we have been advised by our owner, the Government of Malaysia, that the hotel will be closing from January 2010 onwards in regards to a planned renovation and redevelopment of the hotel ..."

I don't quite understand... they've already accepted my booking for June 2010, and the email is purely to reject my booking. I am very disappointed because the fact that I've actually made a trip home to KL 2 months ago to check this place out, and no one actually mentioned a single word about the renovation.

Now that everything else is planned: the day program for CSN, the CDs, the invitations, the floral arrangement, photography route, our Pastor, and of course, the upcoming Registry in Melbourne... all planned after the double confirmations from Carcosa.

So, what do I do now? It's less than 245 days since our wedding day in KL, and most places will need to be booked at least 10 to 12 months upfront. Am I stress? Yes, of course. What's more? The total lost of having our family potrait taken in Carcosa - a place that will be memorable for dad, a place he often talks about.
Hate it when the plan doesn't go accordingly especially after such an effort made.