13 June, 2010

Church Wedding

Finally, it's the moment where many girls have been dreaming of. I have not really imagined myself walking down the Church aisle mainly because I wasn't a Christian until April last year. I have to say, the experience was truly splendid.

Traffic was smooth that day. It took us less than 30 mins to travel from the Gardens Residences to St. Mary Cathedral. The weather was very pleasant and sunny as well at 3 in the afternoon. As we arrived at the Church, we were welcomed by CJ's grandma and mum with big hugs. The Church was beautifully adorned with white flowers decorated by Chris from Arada Designs.

The tea ceremony for CJ's family started shortly in a room behind the Church. It was again a short and quick one catered for CJ's grandma and mum, followed by a family photo session. Until then, I started to feel a little nervous about walking down the aisle for it's something I never really anticipated for until that very moment.

A traditional tea set lent to us by Aunt Ai Guat.
It was used by her in her own wedding at least 15 years ago.


As me, dad and my bridesmaids were lining up at the Church entrance at about 4 pm, Dean Jason walked in with a big smile on his face whilst putting on the cassock. He was happy because we were accordingly, very punctual (for Malaysians). Fiona, our photographer, quickly instruct dad to put on my veil before the bridal march, Canon in D rolled, so she could catch a few shots. As we marched down the aisle, I could see my handsome groom watching and smiling. The music was beautifully played by Deanna on one of the oldest pipe organs in the country. The melody was truly mesmerising! As CJ reaches out his hand to takeover mine, Dean Jason invited everyone to sit. The wedding ceremony began.

The magnificent music band and lead singer.

W. Lin and Ping gave the readings.

Singing 'Beautiful Saviour'.

Exchanging of vows...

... wedding band ...

... a kiss and a hug.

CJ felt relieved after the ceremony.

We didn't know there was a confetti throwing session.

My beautiful and wonderful cousins.

Our new extended families.

The new Mr. and Mrs. Tee