15 June, 2010

Wedding Banquet at Tai Thong Imperial Garden

The restaurant was surprisingly beautifully decorated on our wedding day. Much better than what is reflected in the photo above.

I have first come to know about Tai Thong new branch from Tai Thong official website. We booked the place having great faith that it will be a good venue with good food. In June 2009, I made a trip home to visit the branch. I became really worry. The place looked a little run down! I had a sleepless 12 months leading to our wedding day thinking that I have made the wrong choice.

So I started to put on my rational hat, trying to convince myself that it was because on the day I inspected the venue, the back door was closed, and the restaurant was not decorated with e.g. table clothes, napkins, decorative and red carpet. Hence, not very presentable banquet hall.

In the past 12 months, I also had problems trying to look for banquet photos taken in TT Imperial Garden, and could only find two.

Nonetheless, our prayers were heard! With the help from our wedding planner, Jovita and florist, Chris Ng (from Arada Design), the place turned out to be really beautiful and presentable.

The banquet manager had also fulfilled his promise to open up the back door on the terms that we order enough for 310 pax (29 tables including VIP table, plus two reserves). He has also given us a walk in area to register guests and to serve cocktail.

It was truly a relief the minute both CJ and I marched in the banquet hall at 8pm that night whilst Edwin McCain's 'Could not ask for more' was aired. I enjoyed the setting, the red carpet, and the atmosphere! Our VIP table was... breathtakingly pretty.

Most importantly, our guests have had a wonderful night. The food was fantastic, and to CJ's family satisfaction, there was no noticeable difference from the food tasting session. One of our guests made this comment on the amount of sharkfin she had in her soup bowl. There were also a few who took home some leftovers.

The only hiccup we had was the food presentation session provided by TT. As both CJ and I sat down at our table, the sound of Chinese musical instruments rolled, followed by disco light presentation. There, a group of people dressed in transitional Chinese costumes including a Ching Emperor and his concubines, marched in from the back of the restaurant all the way to the stage. Jovita and our photographer, Fiona, did have a good laugh at both me and CJ when uneasy expressions started showing up on our faces. Funny enough, that also became the highlight of the day, and our guests kinda enjoyed that.

It was truly a beautiful and memorable night that we know we will often speak about in future!